This Paleo pumpkin soup is my favorite thing to make in order to reset my body after the holiday’s.
Not only is it a nice way to warm up in chilly weather, it gives your digestive system a break after all the festivities – as it is much easier to digest liquids than whole foods. I make this frequently during the Winter season. Enjoy!
Spicy Paleo Pumpkin Soup
- 1 29 oz. can of organic pure pumpkin (or 2 15 oz. cans)
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups unsalted organic vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp preferred oil (avocado or coconut)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
1)Heat a large saucepan on medium heat and add your tbsp of oil.
2) Add all spices and swirl the oil and spice mixture in the pan.
3) Add onion slices and sauté in oil and spices until onions are translucent.
4) Add 3/4 of your container of vegetable broth and reduce heat to low.
5) Stir in your can of pumpkin and let flavors simmer together for anywhere from 10-30 minutes (the longer it sits the more vibrant the flavor).
6) Transfer mixture to heat-safe blender and puree in batches until smooth. You can add remaining vegetable broth to blender carefully to help thin out the mixture.
- Shredded or crumbled nut cheese
- A few kale leaves or other greens
- Fried egg
- Hot sauce
- Nuts (chopped pecans are recommended)
- Seeds (flaxseed, pepitas, etc.)
*Want to read my latest blog posts as soon as they come out? Click here to Subscribe!*