I came up with this paleo butternut squash soup recipe yeeears ago and it is now my go-to, tried and true for when the weather starts to get colder.
Yellow, red and orange leaves on the trees and walking my pup on frost-covered grass means it’s soup season y’all. Enjoy!
Paleo Butternut Squash Soup
- 6 cups diced butternut squash soup (yields enough for hella leftovers)
- 2 cups chopped onion (yellow or sweet)
- 2 granny smith apples
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp preferred oil (avocado oil or coconut oil)
1)Heat a large saucepan on medium-high heat and once warm, add oil, onion and curry powder and sauté for 3 minutes.
2) Add squash, apples, thyme, vegetable broth, water and bring to a boil.
3) Reduce heat to low and cook until squash is tender (approx. 15 minutes)
4) Transfer mixture to heat-safe blender and puree in batches until smooth.
- Shredded or crumbled nut cheese
- A few kale leaves
- Fried egg (duh)
- Hot sauce
- Nuts (chopped walnuts are noms on this one)
- Seeds (flaxseed, pepitas, etc.)